Willow Oak Montessori was established to provide an educational environment wherein our high-caliber and highly motivated staff fosters the values of individual growth, interdependence, peaceful cooperation, and respectful care in each member of our community.

The Willow Oak Montessori Foundation was incorporated in 2013 to support the facilities and finances of Willow Oak. There are three key committees under the umbrella of Foundation, which are each led by a member of the Board of Directors:

  • Finance—Oversees monthly reporting and works to ensure financial health of the entities as well as budgeting and planning for future years

  • Institutional Advancement—Oversees all facility topics and building projects, including coordination activities for the combined campus

  • Board Development—Maintains health of the board through training and informational activities as well as strategies for effective management and leadership skills

Working together, these committees provide financial oversight for both schools as well as safeguard the continuity of long-range tasks and planning.

Charter School Funding

Often new families ask why we need additional money for our operations since we receive public funds. Unfortunately, Charter schools do not receive funding for facilities the way public schools do and are not eligible for bond funds. As with other public schools we receive funding per student. However, in our case, 16% of this money is budgeted for rent and facilities expenses; this leaves only 84% for other expenses, including payroll, and benefits, classroom materials and supplies, testing and assessment costs, insurance, and professional development.

Annual Fund

We rely on our community to help bridge the gap we experience as a public charter school. Each year, school leadership and the Board look at the approved budget and priorities for the school and develop an Annual Fund strategy that allows us to finance special efforts outside of the items accounted for in the budget. Past annual fund campaigns have:

  • Sent teachers and staff to trainings and national Montessori conferences and workshops

  • Procured classroom supplies and playground equipment for the Children's House and Charter schools, including climbing structures and garden areas

  • Expanded leadership staff by funding support positions, such as an Assistant Head of School

In late October, the Annual Fund Campaign for 2021-2022 will be launched to request your financial support. We have set an aggressive target of $100k combined from the Charter School and Children’s House asks.

Dollars raised through this campaign will allow us to grow our leadership team, enabling increased ability to solicit grants, provide supervision and student support, oversee testing activities, and support our staff in their professional needs and development. These monies will also enable us to:

  • Explore tools that can assist the school with tasks such as organizing and administering the ever-growing lottery and registration databases

  • Grow academic programs

  • Establish a strong Montessori curriculum for the Adolescent class

  • Provide staff with instructional tools, training, and support to translate into classroom successes

The founding families who pledged to the capital campaign made our new campus a reality. They are slowly graduating and we need the next generation to take the baton and run with it now.

Annual Fund Donations

A Pledge Card has been sent to all families with payment options to support the Annual Fund drive. To add your financial support during the annual fund drive or at any time throughout the year:

  • Deliver a check with subject line "Annual Fund" to the main office anytime

  • Send your donation via PayPal with a note that it is for the Annual Fund and use the "Sending to a Friend" payment option at

  • Access the Donate page and sign up for a one time or monthly donation through JustGiving

There are many ways to support our community with gifts of time, talent and financial contributions. All are needed and so appreciated. We trust you will find areas that inspire you to engage in meaningful ways within our work ahead. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration and gifts.

The Willow Oak Montessori Foundation is organized exclusively for charitable purposes to support the educational activities of Willow Oak Montessori Children’s House, Inc. and Willow Oak Montessori Charter School, Inc., and any related educational activities, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.